Can't connect to Sophos update server

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

KeithWilson wrote:Do I need to disable the Windows 7 Firewalls in order for Sophos to work right?

My experience was on a XP machine. I don't have a answer for Win7.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
KenRichins

Post by KenRichins »

On my ONE win7 computer, I did NOT have to disable the windows firewall.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

KeithWilson wrote:Do I need to disable the Windows 7 Firewalls in order for Sophos to work right?

If you're talking about being able to update, I doubt it. Most firewalls don't restrict outgoing connections. If it did, I'd expect the Sophos installer to set up the exemption for you.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

Was there a problem with the Sophos install file on or before Feb. 19th for the FHC version? That seems to be near the time the update function on the one PC in my FHC quit updating either automatically or forced. Due to another problem with that same computer, I've not had a chance to refresh the Sophos install on that one yet. It appears to have begun near that time, as I had to refresh it just before that also due to another unrelated problem with that same machine.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

JamesAnderson wrote:Was there a problem with the Sophos install file on or before Feb. 19th for the FHC version?

I haven't heard anything either way.

craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Just to be clear, there was a new version of Sophos that was released in January and pushed out last month. I tried the February installer and still have problems, but will reinstall it again and see if it helps.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

I saw that on their site when I went to look for a place to report the malware last week, officially, the endpoint software is now at Version 10. Is that the one that went out that you mention?
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

The Church pushed out version 9.5.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
phidon

Post by phidon »

Per the recommendation of RusselHLTN earlier on this post, we reinstalled Sophos and the update problem appears to have been repaired now.
sjager
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by sjager »

Can you let me know why you need Sophos opened up? We have locked it down for many diffrent reasons.

Thanks

Return to “Clerk Computers”