Sophos installation problems

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
bfromm

Post by bfromm »

aebrown wrote:There are currently no instructions as to how to uninstall Sophos provided by the Church for clerk PCs. If you are authorized to open a public discussion of how to do that, then I'm sure others here would be willing to participate.

Good point. Although it could be helpful to uninstall as a troubleshooting step, this should only be done by the Global Support Center.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

I get errors trying to upgrade Sophos on an XP machine as well. I tried deleting the temp folder and that didn't help. I see that the installer was just updated again; I'll try that one.

Moderators: Can we move this Sophos chain to a separate thread?
Craig
South Jordan, UT
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

craiggsmith wrote:Moderators: Can we move this Sophos chain to a separate thread?

Good suggestion. I have done this.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Awesome, thanks!
Craig
South Jordan, UT
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

craiggsmith wrote:I get errors trying to upgrade Sophos on an XP machine as well. I tried deleting the temp folder and that didn't help. I see that the installer was just updated again; I'll try that one.

Moderators: Can we move this Sophos chain to a separate thread?
I can confirm that the new installer works fine!
bfromm

New version of Sophos posted

Post by bfromm »

After Biggles confirmed that the updated version of Sophos worked for him, I had it posted to the mls download site. If anybody else is having problems, try again with the new installer.

Return to “Clerk Computers”