Standards for Mission Office Tech

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
jbgillam

Standards for Mission Office Tech

Post by jbgillam »

I was at the mission office today to do a tech gap analysis. Things seem to be mostly in order except for their anemic connectivity and file server / backup strangeness. The connectivity issues will be easy to fix in a standard fashion when we move the mission office the stake center next week. The file server and back-up will also be easy to improve. But I was wondering if we're supposed to follow any related, pre-defined standards. For example, would anyone be concerned if the mission office just backed-up to the cloud?

Regards,

Brian
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm sure there must be policies and guidelines for computers in mission offices - but I've not seen that document and don't know where to look. Unless someone is able to point you to those documents, I'd suggest calling CHQ when they're open again next week and see if you can be put in touch with the right department.

As for backing up to the cloud, I'd most certainly want to know what the policy is before doing that. I'm not sure to what extent the church is willing to trust a third-party server with it's data.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Clerk Computers”