Missing Confirmation Date of child on Mother's membership/ios sheets

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
cambo1055
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:01 pm

Missing Confirmation Date of child on Mother's membership/ios sheets

Postby cambo1055 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:30 pm

I can't seem to find this answer to this problem. I have parents showing all of thier children on each record. The problem is that the confirmation date for a child is showing on the father's membership the confirmation date for same child on the mother's membership is missing. How can you edit/link the confirmation date so it will appear on the record showing a blank? The child has been baptised and confirmed.

I am a new membership clerk and would appreciate the help!

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20764
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:53 pm

I'm surprised the confirmation date even appears in the parent's records.

Is this a unique situation with this one couple?
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

eblood66
Senior Member
Posts: 2028
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:17 am
Location: Cumming, GA, USA

Postby eblood66 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:44 pm

cambo1055 wrote:I can't seem to find this answer to this problem. I have parents showing all of thier children on each record. The problem is that the confirmation date for a child is showing on the father's membership the confirmation date for same child on the mother's membership is missing. How can you edit/link the confirmation date so it will appear on the record showing a blank? The child has been baptised and confirmed.

I am a new membership clerk and would appreciate the help!


Is the membership record for the child the same on both parent's records? Are the names and birth dates exactly the same?

The only thing I can think of is that there are two membership records for the child and each parent is linked to a different one or that one of the parent's is not correctly linked to the membership record of the child.

cambo1055
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:01 pm

Postby cambo1055 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:25 am

So far this is the only one that I have come across. It was on the IOS that I am having this problem.

eblood66
Senior Member
Posts: 2028
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:17 am
Location: Cumming, GA, USA

Postby eblood66 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:40 am

cambo1055 wrote:So far this is the only one that I have come across. It was on the IOS that I am having this problem.


So does the confirmation date show up on the parent's membership record but not on the IOS?

User avatar
williamjackson
Member
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:20 pm
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Contact:

Postby williamjackson » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:17 pm

Print the Membership Record (not the IOS) for each parent and compare the child's Record Number on each. Do they match?

cambo1055
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:01 pm

Child confirmation Date Missing on IOS

Postby cambo1055 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:25 pm

subtlecoolness wrote:Print the Membership Record (not the IOS) for each parent and compare the child's Record Number on each. Do they match?


No, the membership numbers were different. Removed the child on the IOS of the parent that was missing the confirm date. Then I did a send/receive on the changes. Time will tell if the correction was done when I receive stuff on Sunday

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20764
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:05 pm

cambo1055 wrote:No, the membership numbers were different.


That probably means you're dealing with a duplicate record. You may want to read Duplicate membership records in the Wiki. Just cleaning up the parent's IOS isn't enough. You need to check into this or it will come back and haunt some future clerk.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.


Return to “Membership Help”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest