Question about sealing status of a baby

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
psnarula

Question about sealing status of a baby

Post by psnarula »

Mom was previously married (and sealed) to somebody else. They are divorced but still sealed. Mom remarries and has a baby with the new husband. Is the baby BIC?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

psnarula wrote:Mom was previously married (and sealed) to somebody else. They are divorced but still sealed. Mom remarries and has a baby with the new husband. Is the baby BIC?
There is a clear answer in Handbook 1, section 3.6.2.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
psnarula

Post by psnarula »

aebrown wrote:There is a clear answer in Handbook 1, section 3.6.2.

Perfect. Thanks. I should have looked there first.
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

I urge extreme caution if anyone plans to discuss this policy. When I was a teenager, my father and I were home teachers to a woman who refused to come to church. Her main complaint about the church was exactly this policy. I am not a Bishop but, as an Executive Secretary, I have access to Handbook 1. Nevertheless, if anyone asked me about this policy I would not discuss it with them but, instead, tell them to consult with their Bishop. The main thing, for me, is the third paragraph in Handbook 1, section 3.6.2, which explains why those who have concerns about this policy need not worry about it. Nevertheless, the fact that the policy exists at all may be upsetting to those who have strong feelings about these matters.

I'm just sayin'.

Return to “Membership Help”