First Name Missing in Reports

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mlh78

First Name Missing in Reports

Post by mlh78 »

In some reports, a member in our ward does not have a first name. For example, on the officers sustained report or in the leadership directory, it only shows his last name. I cannot figure out why. His name is correct in his membership record and his preferred name is the same as his actual name. Any ideas?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Duplicate membership record (with a missing first name)? Any of the names exceptionally long such that it goes into the other's field? Any signs of a stray character, perhaps at the beginning of the field?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

You could try exporting the data to csv file to see if there might be anything strange with that particular name. It sounds like a database entry problem to me.
mlh78

Post by mlh78 »

It is not a duplicate membership record. Very short name; no stray characters. I exported the data to csv and see nothing out of the ordinary.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mlh78 wrote:In some reports, a member in our ward does not have a first name. For example, on the officers sustained report or in the leadership directory, it only shows his last name.

Where are you looking that you see this? Is there a pattern? I noticed the two examples you gave were both "leadership". What happens if you re-sustain or release and re-sustain him?

Just for kicks, I added a "Ty Ng" to my test MLS system, to test short names, but it seems to be fine.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”