removing calling titles

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Forrest-p40

removing calling titles

Post by Forrest-p40 »

i noticed when i add a calling title (example: 3rd counselor YW) and then go back at a later time to remove it, it won't allow me to. once it's there, it's there. i haven't found a way to remove it. am i missing something? :confused:
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

Are you adding it as an MLS user or as a custom position? If it is an MLS user, it won't allow you to delete it because you may have finances tied to that user.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Deleting Custom Positions

Post by aebrown »

Forrest wrote:i noticed when i add a calling title (example: 3rd counselor YW) and then go back at a later time to remove it, it won't allow me to. once it's there, it's there. i haven't found a way to remove it. am i missing something?

I assume you are asking about custom positions added to an organization in MLS.

For each organization in MLS (in this example, Young Women Leaders), MLS will display a list of the Leadership Callings and Other Callings. As you add a person to a position, you have the option to select from a list of predefined callings. If you need a new calling, there is an Add option, that allows you to add a new position.

On the left-hand side of the Young Women Leaders page, there are two navigation options: the first is "Young Women," which shows the current leaders. Just below that is "Custom Positions," which will show all the custom positions you have added. By each custom position is a "Remove" link. Clicking the Remove link will display a dialog confirming the removal; if anyone currently has that calling, MLS will let you know that removing the calling will release everyone who has the calling. But in any case, you can indeed remove the custom position.

You can find this in the MLS Help System by searching for "Remove Position" -- there is not a single topic that covers the general question, but rather a topic for custom positions for each organization (more than 2 dozen of them) that briefly mentions that you can remove custom positions.
Forrest-p40

Post by Forrest-p40 »

thank you very much :)
michaelmcconkie

Re: removing calling titles

Post by michaelmcconkie »

I tried to remove the custom position from the Other Callings section, but the "remove" link was not available. I had another person in the same custom position, so I removed the position entirely, did a send receive, and the person without the link persisted.

Here is how I fixed it. Go to the menu Organization > Reports/Tools > Custom Positions Review. Now you can see the person that is stuck in the custom position. Click the "find nearest match" on that person, and choose a standard position. Any position will do, since they wont be there long. Now close the organization's window, do a Send/Receive, and re-open the organization's window. Find the person in their "new" calling and the Remove link is available. Remove the person and do a Send/Receive.
deshamo

Post by deshamo »

:rolleyes: This worked easily.
mjenson

Post by mjenson »

The Custom Positions Review worked very well for me too. I had a similar problem. Thanks!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I would hope that "3rd counselor YW" isn't an MLS user with finances tied to it... :)

Return to “Membership Help”