Wife member, but Husband's IOS says she's not...

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

RussellHltn wrote:A few things you can try:

- Do a "member refresh". That might clear some things up. I'm not sure how long you have to wait, I'm sure it's at least a few hours from the first send/receive until the refresh arrives.

- Do a backup and restore using MLS's backup. That forces MLS to rebuild the indexes.

- If all else fails, do a "special request" on his record and explain to SLC about the problem.
My assumption is that in these cases the member's record simply never got refreshed from CHQ when the non-member spouse was baptized. Before doing any of the above, I would make a simple change to the affected member's record, transmit it to CHQ, and then when you receive confirmation back via MLS that the change was recorded, change it back (if necessary) and re-transmit it again to CHQ. Each time you get a confirmation of the change back from CHQ it should refresh the member's record.

Some innocuous changes you can make are changing the preferred name (like from John to Johnny) or changing the state of the birth or marriage place from a full spelling to an abbreviation or vice versa (like from Utah to UT). Most likely it is recorded correctly at CHQ and you just need something simple like this to trigger a refresh of the affected member's record.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jbh001 wrote:Before doing any of the above, I would make a simple change to the affected member's record, transmit it to CHQ, and then when you receive confirmation back via MLS that the change was recorded, change it back (if necessary) and re-transmit it again to CHQ. Each time you get a confirmation of the change back from CHQ it should refresh the member's record.
That would work only if the record being modified has a real record number and not the temporary one that contains the unit number. Hmmmm. I wonder if that's how the whole problem got started ...
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

RussellHltn wrote:That would work only if the record being modified has a real record number and not the temporary one that contains the unit number. Hmmmm. I wonder if that's how the whole problem got started ...
If it is not a "real" record number, then it is impossible to change the state from an abbreviation to the full spelling (or vice versa; i.e. UT to Utah) since places are not recorded on the local/temporary/administrative records (as shown in this example of a "real" record from the test data).
Picture 1.jpg
Picture 1.jpg (23.51 KiB) Viewed 627 times
Also, those local/temporary/administrative records have no place to show who the spouse is, let alone whether or not they are a member (as shown in this example of a local/temporary/administrative record from the test data).
Picture 2.png
Picture 2.png (9.04 KiB) Viewed 628 times

Return to “Membership Help”