Standard position list

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

barryhill wrote:JD,

Thanks for the clarification. I still am not sure it is clear to me however. If the Stake President, and his counselor, are members of our ward (which they are), is there any reason for me to list them under "out of unit" if the stake clerk has them in MLS with the appropriate stake position? The stake position shows up in the ward MLS so I see no point in the "out of unit" assignment in this situation. We have a total of about 11 members of our ward serving stake callings and all of them show up in MLS with that calling except for 3 seminary teachers and a FHC Directory which should be corrected soon. I have none of these in "Out of Unit". I do temporarily have the seminary teachers and FHC Director in ward custom positions.

Am I missing something?
The main use would be if someone were serving in another unit (not your stake) outside your ward. YSA Bishop for example.
BarryHill

Post by BarryHill »

Got it, perfectly clear. Even with my experience, it seems I learn more every day (or relearn something I forgot) :o. This site and all of you are a big part of that.

Thanks to all for the discussion.

Return to “Membership Help”