Ward Leadership Callings Don't Show Up in Stake MLS

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
porternathan

Ward Leadership Callings Don't Show Up in Stake MLS

Post by porternathan »

I am the membership clerk for my stake. Several of the ward leadership callings (bishopric member, Elder's quorum presidency, etc.) do not appear in MLS (the stake version) under "Ward Leadership." However, they were called and set apart several months previously. Additionally, these callings appear on the LDS website under Membership Records >> Callings >> Callings by Organization, as well as in MLS (on the ward level).

For example, I just checked on one bishopric counselor called in December. I checked with the ward, and they did previously enter this information into MLS as a standard calling. In fact, his name appears as the 2nd counselor when they log into MLS. When I look at the bishopric under "Ward Leadership" from the stake offices, the position of 2nd counselor is blank. If I look up his membership record, his calling as counselor appears there.

I'm not sure what the problem could be. Any advice?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

porternathan wrote:I'm not sure what the problem could be. Any advice?
Since they are on the website, it appears the problem is the Stake MLS not pulling it down. My best suggestion is for the stake to try the Correcting duplicate or missing callings procedure.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”