Report of Church Disciplinary Action Form

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
drepouille

Re: Report of Church Disciplinary Action Form

Post by drepouille »

I would turn over your minutes to the ward clerk, and ask him to enter them into the online form.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
gamrmf

Post by gamrmf »

Is there any situation where an Executive Secretary should take notes at a disciplinary council? I was asked to do so, but don't seem to have access to the form.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

gamrmf wrote:Is there any situation where an Executive Secretary should take notes at a disciplinary council? I was asked to do so, but don't seem to have access to the form.
I can't speak to the ward level, but at the stake level, there is very little reason for the stake executive secretary to attend a disciplinary council. In my book, the secretary is concerned with future events, while the clerk is tasked to record past events. The secretary ensures all interested parties are notified and invited to attend the council.
In my stake, since the stake executive secretary tended to be a high priest, we used him as the 13th man, an emergency substitute if something prevented a member of the council from attending at the last minute. He set up the Sacrament table and waited for folks to show up. When everyone had arrived, he immediately departed.
There is absolutely no reason why a secretary would record the minutes of such a council.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Read Handbook 1: 6.10. I don't see the Executive Secretary as part of the process.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

gamrmf wrote:Is there any situation where an Executive Secretary should take notes at a disciplinary council? I was asked to do so, but don't seem to have access to the form.
If a clerk is not available for some reason, the presiding officer may ask someone else to take notes. That might well be the executive secretary. He would then have to give the notes to the presiding officer so that they could be entered online, either by himself, or by the clerk at another time.

You are correct that the executive secretary does not have access to the online system.

Return to “Membership Help”