Baptism out of unit

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
ctbarrett

Baptism out of unit

Post by ctbarrett »

Who creates the record for a child baptized in a different unit than their own? We had a child of record baptized in our ward that was from a different Stake. In MLS the choices are baptism of a child with membership records or without. The child has membership records, I just can't access them because they are in a different Stake. If I use the option that says they don't have membership records, then I'm assuming that would create a duplicate record. Do I just give the baptismal form to the parents to give to their ward clerk?
sghall

Post by sghall »

In Book 1, Under 16.1.3, the section explains exactly what is to be done. Send the information to the clerk of the child's home ward and they will record the ordinances.
ctbarrett

Post by ctbarrett »

sghall wrote:In Book 1, Under 16.1.3, the section explains exactly what is to be done. Send the information to the clerk of the child's home ward and they will record the ordinances.

Thank you! Somehow I missed that when searching through Book 1.

Return to “Membership Help”