Changing Linked Record to Real

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
timp-p40

Changing Linked Record to Real

Post by timp-p40 »

We have a member of the ward who was baptized years ago and is now age 12. However, we have found that her record is only a linked record, meaning it was created by church headquarters for administrative purposes. It links to her mother's family, where she lives, but does not function as an actual member record.

I know that I need to create a real record for her, but am unsure whether to do it as a new child of record or a convert baptism. Neither seem to be completely appropriate, yet they appear to be the only two options to use. She was baptized at age 8.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Someone else might have a better idea, but I'd suggest using the "special request" feature in MLS.

One if the issues I think you'll find is that you can't just "baptise" her in MLS - it won't allow it for someone who is more than 8 years old (even she was 8 at the time of the ordnance).

Normally anyone over the age of 8 is done by the mission office as a convert.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

RussellHltn wrote:Someone else might have a better idea, but I'd suggest using the "special request" feature in MLS.
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Special_request

Return to “Membership Help”