Historical ordination dates

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
ParkMeadowsClerk-p40

Historical ordination dates

Post by ParkMeadowsClerk-p40 »

I've had a request from the YM President to pull all the old Aaronic Priesthood ordination dates and the person who did the ordination for all the YM in our ward. Apparently they want to use this information to populate the new Duty to God books that they are providing to each young man.

Now for Deacons this isn't an issue, but it appears that MLS stores only the most recent ordination, and I'm wondering if there is any way to retrieve the info for past ordinations for Teachers and Priests?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

ParkMeadowsClerk wrote:. . . it appears that MLS stores only the most recent ordination, and I'm wondering if there is any way to retrieve the info for past ordinations for Teachers and Priests?

Not from MLS. The young man or his family might have the dates on ordination certificates.

For the new DTG program, I would just start with the current ordination date, unless the member has the information.

Return to “Membership Help”