Reporting Lost Recommends

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rwoodmansee

Reporting Lost Recommends

Postby rwoodmansee » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:46 pm

Do replaced recommends need to reported as lost or does activating a new recommend automatically cancel the old one?

I have found a few posts that deal with Lost Recommends but they don't identify a policy or proceedure for reporting recommends lost when a a new one is issued.

I am the stake clerk responsible for activating recommends. On occasion I have noticed that the old recommend was still good for another year. When I asked the stake presidency that issued the new recommend, I was told that it was to replace a lost recommend. So I need to report the old recommend as lost?

techgy
Community Moderators

Postby techgy » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:27 pm

RWoodmansee wrote:Do replaced recommends need to reported as lost or does activating a new recommend automatically cancel the old one?

I have found a few posts that deal with Lost Recommends but they don't identify a policy or proceedure for reporting recommends lost when a a new one is issued.

I am the stake clerk responsible for activating recommends. On occasion I have noticed that the old recommend was still good for another year. When I asked the stake presidency that issued the new recommend, I was told that it was to replace a lost recommend. So I need to report the old recommend as lost?

There's information on Recommends, including reporting a lost one in the Wiki. Click [url=https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Temple_recommends_%28MLS%29#Cancel.2C_reactivate.2C_or_report_lost_or_stolen_recommends]HERE[/url]
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

lajackson
Community Moderators

Postby lajackson » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:01 pm

RWoodmansee wrote:Do replaced recommends need to reported as lost or does activating a new recommend automatically cancel the old one?

Activating a new recommend cancels the old one. A member can only have one recommend active at a time.

Return to “Membership Help”