Transfer membership

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:50 pm
Location: Missouri, United States

Transfer membership

Postby gslarson-p40 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:22 pm

Please direct us on how to transfer a member who is part of a family group in one ward to another ward without transfering the whole family. My Bishop moved our whole family to the Singles Ward instead of our daugther. I do not know how to get us back to our home ward and leave her to mingle with the singles and me to be with my lovely wife. Help!:confused:

Community Moderators
Posts: 6736
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:30 pm
Location: USA, TX

Postby jdlessley » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:31 pm

The move should have been a Move Individual Record. It is possible your ward did a Move Household Record by mistake. You can request back the records for each member of the family still in the ward by doing a Request Individual Record.

Before moving your daughter's record out she could have been made a member of her own household. Then when her record or household was moved the rest of your family would not have been moved.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

Community Administrator
Posts: 24046
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:32 pm

That's something the clerks involved will have to straighten out. There's really nothing that a member can do other then bringing the problem to their attention. Don't worry, I'm sure they've fixed bigger messes.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "" to the search criteria.

Return to “Membership Help”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest