Scoutmaster Requirements

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
greggo

Scoutmaster Requirements

Post by greggo »

Ozzy wrote:I created a non-member record for our scoutmaster and he doesn't show up on the ward directory.
I'll apologize up front for taking this completely off topic, but is it not by church policy that, with church sponsored BSA troops, the scoutmaster may no longer be a nonmember? It's my understanding, and I believe I read it in the Scouting section of the CHI, that the scoutmaster must at least be an assistant adviser to the Deacon's quorum (and thus a priesthood holder).
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Greggo wrote:I'll apologize up front for taking this completely off topic, but is it not by church policy that, with church sponsored BSA troops, the scoutmaster may no longer be a nonmember? It's my understanding, and I believe I read it in the Scouting section of the CHI, that the scoutmaster must at least be an assistant adviser to the Deacon's quorum (and thus a priesthood holder).
I would suggest that you discuss this with your local PHD leaders. Since you're asking a policy question, it's something that's best addressed at the local level.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

Return to “Membership Help”