Joint Custody Kids

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
greggo

Post by greggo »

kisaac wrote:Why couldn't a record be created, locally in our ward, that would assist us in our fellowshipping? If this would be made easier by including the birthdate on a "non-member record," then I'm all for a change in MLS to make that happen with local approval. If these potential members appeared on the action and interview lists as they approach scout age, or baptism age, or young women age, like any other youth, it would serve as a reminder for the ward that there is an upcoming fellowshipping opportunity.
I fully agree with this, and I also don't see why a birthdate for a non-member record shouldn't be allowed. As Alan_Brown assumed, it could be because of privacy concerns - but that's only an assumption. I have never seen anything officially communicated on that. By policy, creating a non-member record requires the approval of the nonmember/guardian to begin with, so if there were any privacy concerns they would probably not give approval in the first place.

I used to get around this limitation in MLS by creating out of unit member records for our active youth who weren't baptized - but now it requires a MRN.

Return to “Membership Help”