Members with No Address or Phone

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
kalnius

Members with No Address or Phone

Post by kalnius »

I have several members on the ward lilst who have no phone or address. Some of these have no listing on Zaba Search.

1. Are there other way sof getting address and phone info?

2. If after trying to find this info I come up empty, is is better to send their records out again to HQ or keep them in the ward?
BKO
Stake Executive Secretary
calebpusey

Post by calebpusey »

It's always best to have the local leader decide, but when the time comes to move the records and you can't find an address, there is an option that you can select in MLS to say 'no' when it asks for a forwarding address. These records will be sent to a holding file in Salt Lake to await information.
Caleb
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I just wanted to emphasize checking with the bishop first. He may have the information in his confidential files. There may be a reason it's not in MLS.

But if you can't find them after reasonable effort, then sending them out to "Address Unknown" is the best course of action.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
crisa

Ways to look up address & phone

Post by crisa »

I have two websites I always try. The first is whitepages.com. I use this at work for similar purposes and have found that the information is generally accurate, but sometimes not. The other option is by property search on the county auditor / assessor's website. Not all locations have the last option.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Wiki resource

Post by aebrown »

The search sites already mentioned in this thread, and many other sites and techniques for locating members, are found in the wiki article Locating members.

Return to “Membership Help”