Need to modify recent Child Blessing Certificate

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Disco-p40

Need to modify recent Child Blessing Certificate

Post by Disco-p40 »

I understand that the Child Blessing information does not get transmitted to HQ, but can I modify a certificate that was created recently? When I go to the Member record, under ordinances it doesn't show the blessing, it only has add baptism & confirmation.

Thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Disco wrote:I understand that the Child Blessing information does not get transmitted to HQ, but can I modify a certificate that was created recently? When I go to the Member record, under ordinances it doesn't show the blessing, it only has add baptism & confirmation.
You can always simply print out a new certificate, by going to Reports/Forms > Certificates, then choosing Child Blessing Certificate. You'll have to fill in the information (but a lot of it is filled in automatically when you select the member). Then you print the certificate and have the bishop sign it.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Disco wrote:I understand that the Child Blessing information does not get transmitted to HQ, but can I modify a certificate that was created recently? When I go to the Member record, under ordinances it doesn't show the blessing, it only has add baptism & confirmation.

Thanks
Not only is it not transmitted to HQ, but it's not permanently saved in the MLS software either.

If you need to make corrections to the certificate, you must go to Reports and Forms -> Certificates, then choose Baby Blessing Certificate and fill out a new one. It's helpful to have the original so that you can reenter all the same information with the necessary corrections made.

Hope this helps.
unicoaztlan

Re: Need to modify recent Child Blessing Certificate

Post by unicoaztlan »

How to make corrections to certificate of a blessing of a child??? On LCR
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Need to modify recent Child Blessing Certificate

Post by scgallafent »

unicoaztlan wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:33 am How to make corrections to certificate of a blessing of a child??? On LCR
Just print a new certificate. The blessing information is not stored on the membership record.

Return to “Membership Help”