Finding all known addresses for a deceased member

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
geek

Finding all known addresses for a deceased member

Post by geek »

I'm cutting-and-pasting-and-editing from an email:

---- Start ----

A non-member friend has a grandmother who is a member and lived in the U.S. for most of her life. The grandmother is originally from (European country) and went back there a few years ago and just died. (EU country) won't let her be buried over there unless they get all the addresses of the places she lived while in the U.S.

Do you have a number or know who I could call at the church to see if they have a record of the addresses of this lady?

---- Stop ----

My questions:

1. Is this even possible?

2. If so, do I just call/message CHQ with the grandmother's name and DOB?
Former membership clerk under 3 bishops, now on 2nd stint as executive secretary. Can I go back to teaching priesthood now?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd call CHQ with the information and see if they can help out.

However, I have to say that I find this puzzling. I'm having a problem understanding why the EU wants a list of US addresses before she can be buried in the EU. I'd think they'd be more interested in proving her ties to the EU such as though addresses in the EU. I think I'd want to find out a little more first.

I'd also be looking at trying to get the church unit that currently has her records involved.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”