Photo directories and fellowshipping roles

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jpjones~ogr

Post by jpjones~ogr »

Like boomerbubba I would have significant concern if our unit wanted to implement a photo gallery of sorts. Construction can be a massive task, but maintenance is also significant.

I wouldn't see much value in such an undertaking. It may be good to ask what benefits are expected and how those benefits will be achieved and sustained. Ward talent listings have come and gone several times in the last 40 years of my poor memory, and though it was a "great idea" each time, it was only supported by a few leaders, which would lead to a prompt and rapid demise. Last I checked, MLS contains somewhat hidden fields capable of holding member talent information, which in our ward at least are blank. A very significant component of your unit leaders need to be fixed on long-term development, maintenance, and use of a new system in order for it to become a valuable tool.

I would vote no, unless you turn the responsibility over to the women's auxiliaries.

JJ
nutterb

Post by nutterb »

jpjonesxyz wrote:I would vote no, unless you turn the responsibility over to the women's auxiliaries.
I'm confused by this statement. What difference does it make which auxiliary produces a photo directory? Could you elaborate on what you meant by this?
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

nutterb wrote:I'm confused by this statement. What difference does it make which auxiliary produces a photo directory? Could you elaborate on what you meant by this?
Probably said in jest, eluding to a woman's ability to better follow through with a task of this nature? :)
nutterb

Post by nutterb »

mkmurray wrote:Probably said in jest, eluding to a woman's ability to better follow through with a task of this nature? :)
Sometimes I think the only flaw in the internet is its inability to consistently convey tone of voice. Thanks.

Return to “Membership Help”