Nightmare

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mbsinsel-p40

Nightmare

Post by mbsinsel-p40 »

Forgive me, but this is going to run long.

We have two members in our ward that were recently married. I went to combine the two records and not realizing the consequences I was in the sister as head of household when I was adding the brother as a spouse. Just before I finalized the action I notice that the sister was listed as the head of household with the brother as a member. There wasn't a "back" button, so I tried to remove the brothers name. I closed out of the action without saving. When I went to review the records; the brother is no longer showing up in MLS either as a head of house or individual. The sister head of house shows two people herself and also herself with a gender of male(i.e. the record shows the sisters name, birth date, record # but gender is male).:eek:

Unsure of what to do I re-ordered (fortunately I had printed both records before I began) the records for the brother. I have received them back but I'm not sure if that was the right thing to do...is he in our system twice now?

The sister is a little more difficult I am unable to remove the "male" record when I click on the name or the remove button nothing happens. HELP!!
Brent
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

I'm not sure what you meant by "re-ordered."

I would first try restoring from your most recent backup.

If that is undesirable for one reason or another, I would try doing a unit data refresh. From the MLS menu bar navigate to File > Request Unit Refresh Data... > select Membership Records > click Okay > then do a Send/Receive Changes > after waiting for at least 2 hours for that request to be processed you can do another Send/Receive Changes --but it can take up to 48 hours or longer before the return transmittal is ready for you to download via Send/Receive Changes.

If that doesn't fix it, then I would ask your stake clerk for help in fixing the records.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jbh001 wrote:I would first try restoring from your most recent backup.
Keeping in mind that a restore will also do a restore on the financial side. If there's been any significant processing since the backup of interest, it could get messy. I'd advise seeking help before doing that.

At this point, I think a refresh is the best course of action.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

jbh001 wrote:I'm not sure what you meant by "re-ordered."
I gathered he meant "re-requested" the brother's membership record.

Return to “Membership Help”