Member Address Mailing - Return Service Requested

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
cchang

Member Address Mailing - Return Service Requested

Post by cchang »

We are trying to fulfill the 8 step policy before moving a member record out to Salt Lake City and wondering what have others done to 'Use Postal Services to find a forwarding address'? I wrote up an insert letter requesting update contact info and plan to mail it out. Did you individually print out the mailing labels and purchased bulk stamps? We have about 100 of these letters to send out and wanted to know which method would be best and least expensive. I'm looking at hand writing each address and writing "return service requested' on each envelope to save on cost and then buy a 100 package of first class stamps to mail out. Any suggestions or ideas?
drepouille

Re: Member Address Mailing - Return Service Requested

Post by drepouille »

You should already have envelopes with the Bishop's home address and Return Service Requested printed on them.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

drepouille wrote:You should already have envelopes with the Bishop's home address and Return Service Requested printed on them.
You will only have this notation on the envelope if it was ordered this way. You have to specifically request the "return service requested" information when ordering the envelopes to get them with that wording on them - it is not automatic in my experience ordering new envelopes for several bishop changes.
cchang

Post by cchang »

davesudweeks wrote:
drepouille wrote:You have to specifically request the "return service requested" information when ordering the envelopes to get them with that wording on them - it is not automatic in my experience ordering new envelopes for several bishop changes.
That's what I thought also that you have to specifically request it. I double check and our envelopes does have the "return service requested" printed on it but I don't recall if I had check that checkbox to request it or not? Can anyone else confirm if this needs to be specifically requested?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The last time I ordered envelopes the "Return Service Requested" text had to be specified.
mcope

Post by mcope »

cchang wrote:I wrote up an insert letter requesting update contact info and plan to mail it out.
If you'd be willing to share, I'd be interested in seeing the letter you wrote. I need to send out some of these letters, and have struggled with just how to word them.
cchang

Post by cchang »

mcope wrote:
cchang wrote:I wrote up an insert letter requesting update contact info and plan to mail it out.
If you'd be willing to share, I'd be interested in seeing the letter you wrote. I need to send out some of these letters, and have struggled with just how to word them.
This is what I wrote but you’ll need to replace with your ward/branch name and make changes as needed. Hope this helps.

“The “ward name” of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is trying to update our membership records and make sure we have the correct address and contact information for all of our members. If you are no longer residing at this address or if this letter was sent to you in error, please let us know.

If you are still living at the same address, we would also appreciate hearing from you by contacting the Missionaries phone number below.”
mcope

Post by mcope »

Thanks!

Return to “Membership Help”