No Children listed on IOS

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
NeilWilliams

No Children listed on IOS

Post by NeilWilliams »

I have a member who notified me that his IOS does not list his non-member adult children, who do not live with him.
If I go to the Family tab and click add children, will this just add biographical information to his account, or would this create some sort of non-member record?

Thank you!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: No Children listed on IOS

Post by russellhltn »

I think a bit of both. It will create a database record, but it won't be usable for anything. Assuming you're adding it in the right place, it won't appear anywhere but on his (and the mother's) IOS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

NeilWilliams wrote:If I go to the Family tab and click add children, will this just add biographical information to his account, or would this create some sort of non-member record?
That's the right place to add them and, yes, is basically just biographical or genealogical information. There is no longer any kind of formal non-member record. As russellhltn indicated it may create something in the membership database but it isn't anything akin to a membership record and won't show up in any other lists.
NeilWilliams

Post by NeilWilliams »

Thank you both!

Return to “Membership Help”