Stake with an assisted living center Branch

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Android29

Stake with an assisted living center Branch

Post by Android29 »

Our Stake has a Branch, that is an Assisted living Center.

The Branch Presidency members are wondering how their records can remain in their home wards and yet still be in the Branch.
I found this older Post https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=20990 this talks about the difference between the terms "out of unit calling" and the MLS "out of unit administrator" user account. This really sounds like what I am looking for? Maybe not. Maybe this can be confirmed?

I don't think I can do this as a Stake Membership Clerk but, I think a Ward Clerk should be able to assign a Branch Pres. member as an Out of Unit Administrator? Or maybe this needs to be done on the Branch side, not really sure?

If this is correct, are there steps to do this so I can pass this info along to our Ward Clerks that need it?

Thanks,
Andy
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Stake with an assisted living center Branch

Post by russellhltn »

What you want is "out of unit calling". See Out-of-Unit Members and Callings in the Help Center for more details.

Also from the Help Center: "An out-of-unit administrator is someone from the stake (such as the stake clerk) who is given access to help fix problems in MLS." Such a person does not have a calling in the ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Android29

Post by Android29 »

thanks, but the link in the document you refer to is broken or just takes me to an Access Denied message about LCR.

So, here's the situation. The exiting Branch President moved the new Branch Presidency into the branch. Now the new presidency does not show in their Home Wards. A couple questions
1) How to get them to show in both their home ward and in the Branch?
2) I am assuming this is something their home ward clerk should be doing, rather than a stake clerk?

If the broken link in the document actually took me to the instructions, I could pass those along to the Ward Clerks.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Android29 wrote:How to get them to show in both their home ward and in the Branch?
Send the records of the new presidency back to their home ward(s). This can be done by the branch or by the ward clerk.

The branch should then add the presidency as Out-of-Unit Members. The help article explains the concept. The link in the help article takes you to LCR and the Manage Out-of-Unit Members screen. If the link does not work for you, you do not have a calling that allows you to perform the action. The branch president or a clerk should do it.

Once the presidency are added as out-of-unit members, they should be given the standard callings of branch president and counselors. I do not recall if the stake has to do the branch president.

Return to “Membership Help”