Membership Audit Exception - Priesthood Ordination

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
ddpettin

Membership Audit Exception - Priesthood Ordination

Post by ddpettin »

I have a membership audit exception that says the individual is missing a priesthood ordination. He is a 19 year old priest that has been assigned to the Elders Quorum and doesn't come to church all that often. How is this exception cleared?
davesudweeks

Re: Membership Audit Exception - Priesthood Ordination

Post by davesudweeks »

I believe the exception was generated during a review of the prospective elders list and someone clicked that he has been ordained as an elder (his ordination has not yet been recorded). I know that recording the elder ordination will clear the exception, but I don't know how to clear it otherwise (if the prospective elder status for him is correct).
klricks

Post by klricks »

ddpettin wrote:I have a membership audit exception that says the individual is missing a priesthood ordination. He is a 19 year old priest that has been assigned to the Elders Quorum and doesn't come to church all that often. How is this exception cleared?
I have pages of exceptions.
The priesthood exceptions are age based. For example a 16 year old whose record shows deacon or teacher or not ordained, will be flagged.
The purpose of the audit is to flag people that have had the ordinance/ ordination done but the ordinance has not been properly recorded.
During the audit you click the check box next to the names of the people that you know the ordination has been or will be done. (Typically active members).

Do not check the persons who you know will not likely be having the advancement ordination done. (Typically inactive members).

You then click completed at the bottom of the page.
Now when you return to the audit screen you will see a list of everyone that you selected with check mark.

You then submit the report to CHQ by the deadline which I think is end of June each year.

Then correct each issue ASAP.

If you have check-marked a person in error and submitted it that way then I believe you just run the report again and resubmit to CHQ.
If that does not work then I would not worry about it until next audit.
Assistant Ward Clerk
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

klricks wrote:During the audit you click the check box next to the names of the people that you know the ordination has been or will be done. (Typically active members).

Do not check the persons who you know will not likely be having the advancement ordination done. (Typically inactive members).
This is not correct. The procedure is to check the box for ordinances that have been completed but not recorded. You should not check the box for ordinances that have not yet been completed (will be done). Here is the wording from the baptism and confirmation section of the audit (emphasis mine):
First we will show you a list of members of record who are eight years old or older but do not have a baptism and confirmation recorded on their membership record.

Check the box next to the name of any member who has been baptized and confirmed.
The generated list is not a list of people who have membership audit exceptions, nor is it a checklist of ordinances to be completed. It shows people who might have membership audit exceptions based on their age and other circumstances and the audit is intended to identify ordinances that were completed and not recorded.

As an example, my ward had five members listed in the baptism and confirmation section of the membership audit when we completed our audit a few weeks ago. Those five people are people who have membership records, are at least eight years old, and the record does not show that baptism and confirmation have been completed. One of those members was scheduled to be baptized in July a couple of weeks after the audit. Since none of them had been baptized, we did not check any boxes.

Return to “Membership Help”