Change Head of Household to a single sister

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
ronalines

Change Head of Household to a single sister

Post by ronalines »

Somehow, one of our student sisters is showing up as a Head of Household. This impacts our quarterly report as a 'houselhold'.

She is single and attending college. How do I remove her as a HOHH and turn her into a single member not living in a household?

Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Change Head of Household to a single sister

Post by russellhltn »

ronalines wrote:How do I remove her as a HOHH and turn her into a single member not living in a household?
No such thing. Everyone is in a houseold, even if it's a household of one. The only way she wouldn't be a HoH is if she was living with her parents.

As such, she should be assigned ministering bothers and ministering sisters.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ronalines

Post by ronalines »

I see russell, so everyone is a head of household if they are single and not living at home? And conversely, if you are not a HOHH, you then are living at home or in someone's home who is a HOHH. I think this is how it is correct?

Thanks for answering.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ronalines wrote:so everyone is a head of household if they are single and not living at home? And conversely, if you are not a HOHH, you then are living at home or in someone's home who is a HOHH.
Correct. Everyone is part of a household. Even if they are the only member of that household.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”