Baby Blessing Certificate for Deceased Child

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
adgilber

Baby Blessing Certificate for Deceased Child

Post by adgilber »

A new family in our ward had a baby in 2010 that only lived 3 days but was blessed before he passed. They want to get a baby blessing certificate, but since I can't see deceased persons records, I am unable to do this. Is there any other way to get a certificate for this baby?

Thanks!
eblood66

Re: Baby Blessing Certificate for Deceased Child

Post by eblood66 »

It's possible you can still print a certificate in MLS. MLS would let you fill in all the fields so the baby didn't have to be in the ward. But in LCR, I don't think it's possible.
adgilber

Post by adgilber »

Thank you!
kkarlins

Post by kkarlins »

Hi,

I am in a similar situation trying to print off a blessing certificate for a child that was blessed shortly before she died several years ago. When I go into MLS and click on "Certificates", it just redirects me to LCR where I am unable do print off the certificate as there is no active record for the child. Is there another way to generate the blessing certificate in MLS that I haven't found yet, or has the functionality been transferred entirely to LCR?

At this point I am seriously considering downloading Photoshop and editing in the name of the child, though I obviously would prefer an automatically-generated form as it will likely look more professional.

Thanks
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

keatonator wrote:I am in a similar situation trying to print off a blessing certificate for a child that was blessed shortly before she died several years ago.
You cannot print the certificate because you no longer have the membership record. Only headquarters would be able to do so. I do not know if they would.

You and your bishop will need to decide the efficacy of creating the certificate in some other manner. You may wish to discuss it with him.
kkarlins

Post by kkarlins »

lajackson wrote: You cannot print the certificate because you no longer have the membership record. Only headquarters would be able to do so.
I had a feeling that this was going to be the answer. My bishop had told me that it was previously possible to just generate the certificate in MLS even without a record, but since that is no longer the case, we will have to look for more creative solutions as my bishop is adamant that we find a way to get the blessing certificate made. Thanks for the reply!
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Blessing a child is not a saving ordinance, and it is not recorded on a membership record. If the parents want a certificate, then any certificate you want to print using any software you want to use should satisfy their request. LibreOffice, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Membership Help”