Find moved members’ numbers

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
kspeirs90

Find moved members’ numbers

Post by kspeirs90 »

The bishop has asked me to make a list of members who have moved out of the ward in the last 6 months. I’ve been able to find them, but I can’t find anyway to see their phone numbers. Is there anyway to be able to see them? Thank you!
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Find moved members’ numbers

Post by rmrichesjr »

If any are in your stake, you may be able to see the phone numbers in the online directory for the ward in which their records currently reside. If you or someone else has a printed ward directory from before the records in question were moved out, you could pull any phone numbers from there. Other than that, I don't think the phone numbers of former ward members are generally available.

However, I thank you for leading me to find where to get the names and dates of birth of members moved out. That would be very useful in case of a need to retrieve a member whose records were moved out by mistake.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

As a last resort, the Members moved out report on LDS.org shows links to the wards the members moved to. You can see as far back as 12 months ago. Click on any of those links and the bishop's name/contact info is displayed. If your bishop really needs their phone numbers, one could contact their new bishop.

You can also use that information to go to CDOL and contact their new ward's clerk (and avoid bothering the bishop with administrative tasks)...
kspeirs90

Post by kspeirs90 »

Thank you.

Return to “Membership Help”