Access Rights

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
brown67

Access Rights

Post by brown67 »

Can a Financial clerk get access rights to membership records? How would that be done if possible? Bishop asked me to find out. I'm in a small ward that currently doesn't have a membership clerk. Bishop wants to call a new one, but we are having trouble filling the calling right now. Wondering if I can cover it until we get a new one called.
drepouille

Re: Access Rights

Post by drepouille »

Your calling would need to change to "Ward Assistant Clerk" for you to gain access. That may not be necessary, since in a small ward, the ward clerk and the bishop can do every needful thing. I am the ward clerk in my ward, and I don't have or need a membership clerk.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

brown67 wrote:Can a Financial clerk get access rights to membership records?
Only by changing the calling or having a calling added.

In either case, I'd assume that approval of the stake is necessary, and it may take up to 24 hours after the change has been recorded before they could get access.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

brown67 wrote:Can a Financial clerk get access rights to membership records?
Rather than changing the calling, you could also add either the Ward Assistant Clerk--Membership or simply the Ward Assistant Clerk standard calling to solve your problem. Since you are called as an assistant clerk, and since membership or finances are simply assignments, I think there would be no problem if the bishop desired to expand your responsibilities.
brown67

Post by brown67 »

Problem solved. They just called me to be the Ward Clerk. Lol. Thanks for the input.

Return to “Membership Help”