Issuing out-of-norm callings?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
neilsood

Issuing out-of-norm callings?

Post by neilsood »

I posted elsewhere about my issue with access to HB1, so there may be an answer there, but I have a spot of confusion.

We have a YW who is 18 and has not moved to RS. HB2 states that a girl/woman can move to RS early or later than 18, but LCR won’t let me issue a Laurel class calling (class secretary) to an 18yo.

Is there any guidance on how to approach a calling that falls outside of the traditional bracket?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Issuing out-of-norm callings?

Post by russellhltn »

Check to see what class she's assigned to. MLS used to advance 18yo automatically to RS and one had to manually re-assign them back to youth. When this has come up in the past, it turns out that the system won't let you give callings to an "outsider". That person must belong to that class before they can be a leader of that class.

Also, make sure she's still 18. I seem to remember that there's no prevision of a 19yo to be in YW, even if she hasn't graduated High School yet.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
neilsood

Re: Issuing out-of-norm callings?

Post by neilsood »

That was it. I found her in RS and it just took a few minutes for the database to update once I moved her back to the YW.

We’ve got a few more girls turning 18 over the next couple of months, so this will hopefully save the YW president some frustration.

Return to “Membership Help”