Ward Boundaries

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
kentbingham

Post by kentbingham »

aebrown wrote:The above statements are incorrect to the extent that they imply that approval for member records being in a ward other than where the member resides can be handled at a local level; lajackson and mkmurray had it right in saying that approval is required from the bishops involved and the stake president(s) and the Office of the First Presidency. See the Church Handbook of Instructions, p. 145, which states the policy simply and clearly.

Of course, a member can reside within the boundaries of multiple wards (a regular ward, a YSA ward, a Spanish ward, etc.) and the First Presidency approval is not required when the member's records would be in any of these assigned wards/branches.

I have been trying to find this in the new Church handbooks and have had no luck locating this policy. Can anyone show me where to find this in the latest handbooks?

Thank you!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

kentbingham wrote:I have been trying to find this in the new Church handbooks and have had no luck locating this policy. Can anyone show me where to find this in the latest handbooks?
You may wish to begin at Handbook 1, section 13.6, 2nd paragraph.
niverson9

Re: Ward Boundaries

Post by niverson9 »

[-- Moderator note: Address removed --]
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

niverson9 wrote:[-- Moderator note: Address removed --]
If you are trying to find the ward boundaries for a specific address, you can do that by doing the following:
  • Go to https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/
  • After logging in, click on My Account and Ward and then choose Meetinghouse Locator
  • Click on the ward name displayed under Residential Wards for this Location or one of the other ward names listed
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Anyone can find out the ward any address is assigned to by following the steps before this post (even without logging in). One does not have to have an LDS Account to see what ward their address is in.

Return to “Membership Help”