Combining Wards and adding a member

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
brofisher

Combining Wards and adding a member

Post by brofisher »

We have combined 2 wards into 1 ward and have in the LDS Tools all members of a family that are listed and show up but in LCR 1 member of the family does not show up. How do we get them onto LCR. Is this done at a ward level or with me at a stake level?

Where would i find the procedures on this?

Thanks

Mike
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Combining Wards and adding a member

Post by russellhltn »

There's a couple of possibilities: First, that member somehow got left behind in the old ward. In that case, the new ward should be able to request the record. The other is that their record was never in the system. Perhaps as a non-member spouse and it's only noticed now because for some reason the directory isn't displaying that. Third, they might have opted to attend a singles ward rather than follow the family.

Either way, I think I'd call support and see what they see from their end. Having spent far too much time fixing computer problems, I'm always weary that an unusual problem is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. There's always the possibility that more people are affected and just haven't been detected (yet).
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
brofisher

Re: Combining Wards and adding a member

Post by brofisher »

Thanks

Return to “Membership Help”