Child recorded in error

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
dwestling

Child recorded in error

Post by dwestling »

I recorded a child in error, how can it be eliminated?
eblood66

Re: Child recorded in error

Post by eblood66 »

Why was it an error? Did the child already have a record? If so, then use the Membership > Merge Records option in LCR to merge the incorrect record into the correct record.

If you created a record for a child who should not have a record then you'll need to contact Local Unit Support and ask them to remove the record.
dwestling

Post by dwestling »

I am the Ward Clerk and created a record for a child who should not have a record, I clicked the link to Local Unit Support, it took me to a FAQ page, how do I actually contact someone who can remove it?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

On the FAQ page, https://www.lds.org/help/support/record ... n?lang=eng, toward the bottom of the page, I see a link titled "Support Contact Information for U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico". There are also links for many other countries. The link for the US and so forth goes to a page with phone numbers and hours of operation. There's also an email address.
dwestling

Post by dwestling »

Found it, Thanks!

Return to “Membership Help”