Help with changing a birthday

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Dusty892

Help with changing a birthday

Post by Dusty892 »

I know it sounds simple. We have a young man that just got ordained to Elder aug 2017. His birthday in LCR is wrong. It shows his birthday in 1997 but its really 1999. I went to his profile clicked edit and put in the correct year and it will not all it. It comes up in red and says, " too young for office" which he clearly is old enough. I believe he just left on his mission.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Help with changing a birthday

Post by russellhltn »

When is his birthday (in relation to his ordination date)? Handbook 2 indicates that they must be at least 18. By my math, if he hasn't had his birthday this year (for example, he was born in September), then he's only 17 and too young to be an Elder.

Worse, this makes his ordination to Elder invalid. See "Ordinances That Were Performed before the Appropriate Age" in Handbook 1: 16.1.10 for instruction. If he's already been endowed, someone is going to have to write up some stuff for the First Presidency.

I'd triple check that birth year, because this opens a big can of worms.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
waynecooke

Post by waynecooke »

This is just the kind of problem that can/should be looked at and solved at Tithing Settlement. We are instructed to had out to each member/family their records so mistakes such as this can be corrected before they become the kind of problem like the above. I know that one year, maybe 25 years ago, at Tithing Settlement we looked at our records and found out the my wife's birthday was incorrectly listed as July 31 rather than July 13. It had been this way, evidently, for many years. No problems caused, but it can happen, and there is a way to correct the problem before it is a problem.
Dusty892

Post by Dusty892 »

ok thanks for your help!
rprisbrey

Post by rprisbrey »

My birthday is [removed] in the system my birth year says 2022. Can you please update my account?

Thank you,

Ronda Prisbrey
Last edited by jdlessley on Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed birthdate
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

rprisbrey wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:58 pm My birthday is [removed] in the system my birth year says 2022. Can you please update my account?
Your birth date was removed because all information posted here is viewable by anyone worldwide.

Nobody here in this forum has the ability to do as you ask. Speak with your ward clerk. He can make the change for you.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Mremien

Post by Mremien »

I am an executive secretary for a YSA and I was informed that a member's birth date is incorrect. How do I go about changing that?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Mremien wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:41 pm I am an executive secretary for a YSA and I was informed that a member's birth date is incorrect. How do I go about changing that?
Only a Ward Clerk, Membership Clerk, or Bishop can change that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Apolot

Post by Apolot »

My birth date is supposed to be 9th October 2002 not 9th November
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Apolot wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:58 am My birth date is supposed to be 9th October 2002 not 9th November
You need to talk with your ward clerk/ward membership clerk. It's not something you can change on-line (unless you're one of those clerks.)

Return to “Membership Help”