Correct Entry Of Children in Second Marriage.?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
gfhirschi

Correct Entry Of Children in Second Marriage.?

Post by gfhirschi »

What is the correct way for children to appear in records for second marriage?
Example: both members in my ward., This is second marriage for both. After I recorded
the marriage, This is how the records show.. Member ( one Female ) Individual Record
Tab household: Husband , Wife and Her Children ; Tab Family : her Children .
Member ( Two male ) Individual Record. Tab household : Husband, Wife, Wife's Children.
Tab Family : His children.

Thanks for the Help
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Correct Entry Of Children in Second Marriage.?

Post by russellhltn »

As far as households, the children should be shown in the household they primarily reside in. "Households" and what is shown on individual records are two very different things.

As far as the children appearing on the parent's individual record (as well as the parents appearing on the child's record), unless they children have been legally adopted, I'd expect them to appear on the records of their biological parents - even if those parents are married to someone else. There is NO requirement for the children to appear on the records of guardians or people they are living with.

See Handbook 1: 13.6. Including 13.6.12.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”