Move out / unknown address TIP

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Move out / unknown address TIP

Post by russellhltn »

llcampbell wrote:Our ward has a high percent of rental housing with transient members who move frequently. We are buried in members moving in who often are not living at the address given, just because it is the last known address on public records. In our ward 70% of members are less active and do not attend church. The remaining 30% have a hard time keeping up with all the service needed that includes keeping in touch with the 70% and finding out when and to where they moved.
I'd suggest working though the stake president to talk to the area authority to alert them to the situation. Either that or writing to CHQ to alert them to the impact of the current system on the ward.

I'd also keep a log of all members moved out after the 9 step research. If you find any coming back to the same address, I'd take appropriate action.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wrigjef

Re: Move out / unknown address TIP

Post by wrigjef »

Records should not come back to the same address if you delete the address before sending them back. A perfectly legitimate practice as long as you have verified that the address is incorrect.

Return to “Membership Help”