LCR Move-out list

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mackenone

LCR Move-out list

Post by mackenone »

I'm a Clerk for a family ward near a military base. We have many families come and go, some we never see them, only their records. If they are active when I hear they will be moving soon I start hounding them for their next address and sometimes this works. When they are inactive their record stays in our ward until we can track them down, and finding where a military family lives is not easy especially for the families who live on base.

When we learn that they are no longer living in their apartment ( a new family moved into it) I start the move-out process and click the checks next to the steps taken. That list has grown and yesterday I noticed that I can no longer move anyone to this list of partial move-outs. Does this list have a limit to how many names can be added, or is their a glitch that just occurred this last week?

Thank you for the help!

...ken
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LCR Move-out list

Post by russellhltn »

mackenone wrote:When we learn that they are no longer living in their apartment ( a new family moved into it) I start the move-out process and click the checks next to the steps taken. That list has grown and yesterday I noticed that I can no longer move anyone to this list of partial move-outs. Does this list have a limit to how many names can be added, or is their a glitch that just occurred this last week?
What is the hold-up in completing the list? The work is not done until the records actually move out. If the ward leadership is satisfied with a "partial move-out" I could see where this could run into a hard limit at some point.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mackenone

Post by mackenone »

What is the hold-up in completing the list?

These are inactive members who are active military and they are hard to track down. We have considered sending them to Salt Lake as "unknown address" and instead are trying to clean up our records locally. Every July a group is sent out for deployment and/or reassignment and then we start finding their residences changing hands. This causes a a large list all at once.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest calling Local Unit Support to see what they have to say about the problem. If nothing else, they can document the problem and pass it along to the developers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

I personally don't enter anything into the system until I have completed the steps. I created a hard copy form listing the steps with check-boxes for each. I maintain a file and when I can get steps checked off I take it to the Bishop, and xplain he situation (if he is not already aware) and get him to sign off. At that point I enter the information into the system and submitt.

A hint, once I can honestly verify that the address on file is incorrect, I erase it prior to clicking boxes and submitting. I know there is a record of the previous ward (which is ours after I send the record out) but without a household address I've never had a record bounce back.

Return to “Membership Help”