Correcting bad data on a member record?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Correcting bad data on a member record?

Post by rmrichesjr »

markevans1952 wrote:I am a new ward clerk. How do I correct a members birthdate?
That's easy. Follow these steps (some of which you might already be acquainted with):
  • Point a web browser at http://www.lds.org

Click on the second menu item in the upper right-hand corner, 'My Account and Ward' if you're signed in.

If it gives you a method to sign in to your LDS Account, do so.

Once signed in, clicking on 'My Account and Ward' will drop down a menu with 'Leader and Clerk Resources in the right-hand column. Click that link/button.

In the 'Find Individuals and Pages' box, type in part of the member's name.

Once you see the member's full name (and age), click on it. That should bring up the 'Member Information' page for the member, with a table of information about the member.

Click on the hieroglyphic that looks like a pencil in the upper right-hand corner of the table.

Near the lower left-hand corner of the editable table is the birth date. Change it to the correct date.

Click the 'Save' button.
Wasn't that easy? :-)

Fwiw, I was a ward membership in the mid-1980s. Compared to then, the new LCR system makes tons of clerking tasks tremendously easy.

Return to “Membership Help”