Member's name in record not correct

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jcherry

Member's name in record not correct

Post by jcherry »

We have been approached by a new member to our ward that was recently married in the Temple to a member of record in our ward, and she notified us that her name was misspelled on her record for some time. I don't see a place to edit the individual name on record. Please let me know how to edit the name on the record.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Member's name in record not correct

Post by jdlessley »

jcherry wrote:We have been approached by a new member to our ward that was recently married in the Temple to a member of record in our ward, and she notified us that her name was misspelled on her record for some time. I don't see a place to edit the individual name on record. Please let me know how to edit the name on the record.
Membership records can be edited in Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR). After signing in and navigating to LCR select Membership on the menu bar and then Member List. Click the member's name and click the "View Member Profile" button on the pop-up. At the member's record click the edit link, pencil icon, on the right side of the page to edit the record. When the name is changed you will be prompted to verify the reason for the change. Make sure any change will reflect the member's legal name. If the member has a preferred name, that can be recorded in the record also.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Member's name in record not correct

Post by russellhltn »

Note that you must be the bishop, clerk or membership clerk. Counselors do not have access to membership functions.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”