Remove Non-Members From Ward

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Mxwade

Remove Non-Members From Ward

Postby Mxwade » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:48 pm

Hello - I have been asked to remove 3 non-members from the ward. I can not see how to do this. Please help.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Remove Non-Members From Ward

Postby russellhltn » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:35 pm

Can you explain more fully? If they are non-members, they're not a part of the ward and there's nothing to remove.

If these are non-member spouses, then you need to ask CHQ to "suppress the record" in the directory.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Mxwade

Postby Mxwade » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:12 am

Thanks for your help! They are non-member children of members (children who were never baptized now over the age of 18).

eblood66

Postby eblood66 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:48 am

First make sure you follow the procedures listed in the last paragraph of Handbook 1 Section 13.6.2. Once those requirements are met, find the person in the Member List in LCR, click on the name and select View Member Profile. Then click on the Actions drop down under the Membership Number. If the person is at least 18 years old and has not been baptized then there will be a Cancel Record option. Select it and follow any prompts.

Mxwade

Postby Mxwade » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:05 am

Thank you for your kind help, I will give it a try.

Return to “Membership Help”