Convert Baptisms Records Update

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
darrickweeks@hotmail.com

Convert Baptisms Records Update

Post by darrickweeks@hotmail.com »

Recently I've noticed that the convert baptisms entered in to the system by the Mission office don't have who baptized or confirmed the convert. Many times this is the Missionaries. As such, I've been able to enter the information by hunting down the Missionaries and getting their birth dates (since they would be considered out of ward - birth date is needed). Isn't this something the Mission should enter when they enter the convert baptism to begin with (agin since they have access to the Missionaries data)? If yes, how can/ should I go about notifiying them of this?

Thanks.
eblood66

Re: Convert Baptisms Records Update

Post by eblood66 »

It's not their fault. The Convert Data Entry system that the mission office uses doesn't capture that information. CDE is basically a limited version of MLS and although MLS allows that information to be entered so a certificate can be printed it doesn't transfer that info to CHQ. Similarly CDE can't transfer that information so there is no reason for it to ask for it.

Presumably at some point the mission office will use LCR instead (or the mission office management system will be enhanced) and perhaps then it will allow them to enter that information. For now the best you can do is ask the mission office to have the missionaries enter their birthdate or MRN on the baptism record (which the ward should get a copy of).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Convert Baptisms Records Update

Post by russellhltn »

Unless the information is needed to print the certificates, I'm not sure as I'd worry about it. It used to be that it was held in MLS for creating certificates, but was lost when the member record was moved to a new ward. Apparently it's now in LCR but I'm not sure as it stays there when the record is moved. Either way, the only time that information is used is when a baptism certificate is printed. Other than that, it's just "nice to know" and services no "business" purpose.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”