Non-Member Record

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
New Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:15 pm

Non-Member Record

Postby ARTEST4ECHO » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:54 am

I tried to do a search in this forum, but all the information I found really only applied to the pre-Leader and Clerks Resouce (Pre-LCR) days, so MLS no loner has the functions discribed. I'm new at the membership clerk thing, but I've been stake finance clerk before. However, that was also pre-LCR days also, so you will have to forgive me for being a bit out of date.

My particular case is (trying not to get into confidental issues), I have a family in our ward. The two children, age 9 and 11, and mom are members,. The mom and dad are divorced. My problem is, while the mom is a member, the father is no longer a member, and the father has sole custody. The mom is not allowed anything but supervised visitation.

The father is still willing to have people visit and is, while not personally interested in the church, he is welcome to having the kids be active.

So my problem is, It's kind of odd to put a 11-year-old as head of household, without a father or mother in the home. It creates this gap, where there is not adult in the home, assigned to Presthood or Relief Socity.

I know that at some point in the past, it was possible to make non-member records. I would have done this, but it seems that this is no longer the case. I'm not sure what to do here.

Senior Member
Posts: 2772
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:17 am
Location: Cumming, GA, USA

Re: Non-Member Record

Postby eblood66 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:30 am

No, non-member records are no longer supported. In a situation like this it is OK for a child to be the head-of-household.

More information is available in the Help

Return to “Membership Help”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest