Home Teachers to investigators

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
davesudweeks

Home Teachers to investigators

Post by davesudweeks »

I have searched the forum, but did not find an answer (just returning from an extended overseas military deployment and have been called back in as ward clerk so I'm trying to come up to speed on changes and how the systems work now).

Handbook 2, 7.4.2 instructs us to assign home teachers to converts before they are baptized (last sentence in the 4th paragraph). Our EQ Presidency has asked me how way to do that in MLS or LDS.org. I'm thinking it is not possible without doing some sort of offline manual tracking, since we cannot make nonmember records in lds.org (to assign home teachers to).

How do others in the forum comply with this requirement?
Thanks,
Dave Sudweeks
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Home Teachers to investigators

Post by sbradshaw »

That's correct – there's no way to record people in the home teaching section of Leader and Clerk Resources (which is gradually being developed to replace MLS) unless/until they have records in the ward – it will need to be done offline. Maybe you could record home teachers on the missionary progress record?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Membership Help”