Adding a calling

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
wrigjef

Re: Adding a calling

Post by wrigjef »

If I go through the member list and click on the callings tab and add a calling to an individual, why doesn't it just say "custom calling only" because that seems to be the only option?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

wrigjef wrote:If I go through the member list and click on the callings tab and add a calling to an individual, why doesn't it just say "custom calling only" because that seems to be the only option?
I have no problem adding a standard calling from the member profile/callings screen. I just had to select the correct organization first. In this case I had to select "Young Women Class Advisers" as the organization and it showed all the standard callings. The person has to be eligible for the standard calling as well (when I first tried this organization with myself it didn't show any standard callings but when I tried my wife it showed all the standard callings).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think the question is why are they under "Young Women Advisers" rather than under something like " Organisations>Young Women> Laurel? The taxonomy in this case seems counter-intuitive.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”