Contacting Membership Support

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
drepouille

Contacting Membership Support

Postby drepouille » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:48 am

I know we can use MLS to send messages to the membership and financial support folks. Is there now, or will there be in the future a way to do this via LCR?

I have learned of the death of a "lost sheep" member in another state, and want to ensure her membership record is updated.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

bballrob

Re: Contacting Membership Support

Postby bballrob » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:25 am

Depending on your calling, you may also have access to the Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders. If so, you can find the contact information for the bishopric, ward executive secretary, and ward clerk of any unit.

drepouille

Postby drepouille » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:36 am

bballrob wrote:Depending on your calling, you may also have access to the Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders. If so, you can find the contact information for the bishopric, ward executive secretary, and ward clerk of any unit.

Well, I know where she lived, but I don't know where her membership record resides. I am a ward clerk, and I can use the Lookup tool in the Request Records function of LCR to prove that she has a membership record, but that tool does not tell me the unit that currently has her membership record. I cannot assume it is held by the unit where she lived.

Even so, you are correct that I could contact the bishopric in the ward where she lived to see if they are even aware that she lived in their ward.

eblood66

Postby eblood66 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:16 am

drepouille wrote:I know we can use MLS to send messages to the membership and financial support folks. Is there now, or will there be in the future a way to do this via LCR?

You can also contact them via email: https://www.lds.org/help/support/record ... n?lang=eng

drepouille

Postby drepouille » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:41 pm

It worked! I sent via email the identifying information and obituary of the deceased member to mlssupport, and to the bishop and clerk of the ward she was living in. Her record has been updated with her death information.

Return to “Membership Help”