Recording Civil Marriage in LCR

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
musicomp

Recording Civil Marriage in LCR

Post by musicomp »

I have been unable to find the ability to record Civil marriages involving non members and members in LCR. When I do it in MLS it sends me to a page in LCR that tells me we can do it there but has no link to do so. Please advise
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Recording Civil Marriage in LCR

Post by scgallafent »

Go to the member's record, select the Family tab, and look for the Marriage section on that tab. There will either be a pencil (edit current marriage) or a link on the right that says "Add Marriage."
musicomp

Post by musicomp »

thank you for your help
rexgj

Post by rexgj »

When I record the civil marriage, the wife is still listed as "head of household", how do I change that?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

rexgj wrote:When I record the civil marriage, the wife is still listed as "head of household", how do I change that?
Is the husband a member or not? I don't believe that a non-member can be head of household anymore. If the husband is a member then find the profile in LCR for one member of the household (using Membership > Member List from the menu or using the member lookup box). Click on the household tab. Then click Split Household and create a new household containing just the husband. Then find his profile and, again on the household tab, use the Add Household Members link to add the wife (and any other members of the household) to the husband's household. That should cause it to recalculate who should be listed as head-of-household. Usually that happens automatically but occasionally it does go wrong for some reason.

Return to “Membership Help”