Remove Records

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
veronica1984

Remove Records

Postby veronica1984 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:03 pm

How does one remove records? I cannot find the information anywhere on the website no matter how hard I try.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Remove Records

Postby lajackson » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:31 pm

veronica1984 wrote:How does one remove records? I cannot find the information anywhere on the website no matter how hard I try.

If you are asking about the process where a name is removed from the membership records of the Church, bishops use the instructions in Handbook 1, chapter 6.14.

If you are asking about the process where a clerk removes a duplicate record, or about other membership record processes, the clerk and bishop follow the instructions in Handbook 1, chapter 13.

Handbook 1 is available on the website to those priesthood leaders who are authorized to have it because of their current calling. Priesthood leaders, particularly bishops, are authorized to share information from Handbook 1 with members when needed. For example, if a member wished to have his or her name removed from the records of the Church, the bishop would explain the process to the member and assist him or her with the request.

veronica1984

Postby veronica1984 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:16 pm

Thank you!

zduvall

Postby zduvall » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:23 pm

Thanks for this direction. I'm also a ward clerk and had a similar question. I tried googling it, and almost everything that comes up is from members who have left the church and are antagonistic. Just a suggestion... it may be beneficial to outline the process of name removal somewhere that is accessible to the public. That way, members considering leaving the church can at least find webpage that won't lead them further away.

boppercannon

Postby boppercannon » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:27 pm

How do I remove records of unbaptized and over 18 years old.Tthey show up on tithing declaration and settlement reports but are not members and not requeired to pay tithing

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:24 am

boppercannon wrote:How do I remove records of unbaptized and over 18 years old.Tthey show up on tithing declaration and settlement reports but are not members and not requeired to pay tithing

The process is outlined in Handbook 1: 13.6.2. It requires the approval of the bishop and the stake president.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “Membership Help”