Need HELP!

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
dlmartin216

Need HELP!

Post by dlmartin216 »

I am trying to get my records transferred from one ward to another. I am in the Willows Ward and have been trying to get in contact with either the Bishop or Ward Clerk. The phone number that is listed on the LDS Ward information shows a number however there is no way to leave a message, I would appreciate any help possible.

Thanks
Deb
rontilby

Re: Need HELP!

Post by rontilby »

I recommend that you go to your new ward on Sunday and meet with the ward clerk or the membership clerk. They will collect the necessary information, and move the membership records for each member of your household into your new ward.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

You can also contact the ward clerk or membership clerk of your old ward and they can move your records as well.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

mfmohlma wrote:You can also contact the ward clerk or membership clerk of your old ward and they can move your records as well.
Providing you can supply your new address and you know which ward covers this address.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Biggles wrote:
mfmohlma wrote:You can also contact the ward clerk or membership clerk of your old ward and they can move your records as well.
Providing you can supply your new address
Of course ;)
Biggles wrote:and you know which ward covers this address.
Not necessarily needed. In fact, it usually better to let the tool figure out what ward the address belongs to.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

mfmohlma wrote:
Biggles wrote:
Providing you can supply your new address
Of course ;)
Biggles wrote:and you know which ward covers this address.
Not necessarily needed. In fact, it usually better to let the tool figure out what ward the address belongs to.
That might work in the US, but here for me in the UK I've not known that to work! Had reason to move a record yesterday. The only way I could find the new ward, was by using other applications first.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Biggles wrote: That might work in the US, but here for me in the UK I've not known that to work! Had reason to move a record yesterday. The only way I could find the new ward, was by using other applications first.
That's frustrating. I almost put a US qualifier on my last comment. What applications did you use?

What does maps.lds.org say when you input the address in question? That could narrow down whether it's a geocoding issue or a boundary definition issue (or something else).
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

As on their own, none are entirely accurate, I use a combination of maps.lds.org, Google Earth and the Royal Mail website Post Code/Address finder.

Return to “Membership Help”